Black Goose Chimney is looking for a Project Coordinator to assist our field technicians with various duties. We have been in business for 25 years and are located in the Newport News area. We specialize in chimney and fireplace inspections, repair, and restorations. All of our technicians are certified by the CSIA and we follow the standards set by the NFPA.
Primary duties include:
- Preparing work proposals for homeowners that need a repair or replacement of their fireplace and/or chimney.
- Researching different fireplaces in order to find the right fit for that particular home.
- Contact permit and inspection offices to get permits and schedule inspections.
- Order materials.
- Prepare and organize any documentation the technician needs to complete the task at hand.
- Check-in material as it arrives. Label material and keep it organized at the warehouse.
- Research availability of parts for “older” fireplaces.
- Assist with inventory of stock items.
- Scheduling or work proposals.
- Provide backup to the administrative assistant which includes answering phones and scheduling inspection appointments.
- Attend networking meetings and events.
- Excel and Word proficiency.
- Phone etiquette and communication skills.
- Customer service experience.
- Previous construction knowledge.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Competitive Hourly Pay.
- Health Insurance.
- IRA offered with Matching Compensation up to 3%.
Call our office for details!