our gas fireplace is an important part of your home’s function and value. At Black Goose Chimney, we elevate fireplace care to a whole new level. With our gas fireplace services, we go beyond just routine maintenance, bringing our years of expertise to the job to ensure that your gas fireplace operates flawlessly. Our technicians are nationally certified and have an attention to detail and a level of service that exceeds industry standards. Trust Black Goose Chimney to exceed your expectations in fireplace maintenance, function, and performance!
We offer two levels of gas log service for regular inspections and routine maintenance, plus diagnostic and major repair services, if needed. Please see a summary of our Basic and Deluxe service packages below and keep reading for a detailed list of what is included with each service!
Basic Gas Service
Revitalize your gas fireplace with our Basic Gas Service. We will remove soot, conduct essential safety tests, perform a basic leak check with our gas sniffer, and ensure that your unit is in good working order. Opt for our discounted NFPA Level I Chimney Inspection for added peace of mind.
Deluxe Gas Service
Experience the ultimate fireplace rejuvenation with our Deluxe Gas Service. In addition to the Basic services, we will remove and meticulously clean logs and components, conduct thorough testing of the valve, replace worn media like sand, rocks, and embers, remove obstructions in your lines, and leak test all fittings with our professional micro-leak detection system. Plus, enjoy a complimentary NFPA Level I inspection of your chimney, or upgrade to an NFPA Level II inspection for an extra layer of assurance.
Full Service Details
Basic gas service
- Remove logs and clean off soot from the glass, pilot assembly, and burner
- Conduct leak test of the fittings with a gas sniffer
- Test the drop-out time of the pilot light and pressure test the valve
- Conduct test for millivolts on the thermopile and thermocouple, if indicated
- Test fire the unit to ensure proper operation
- Option: NFPA Level I chimney inspection at 20% discount
Deluxe gas service
Includes everything in the basic gas service PLUS:
- Complete removal of logs and grate for thorough cleaning
- Sweep-out of the firebox including removal and reinstallation of burner if needed
- Clear out the pilot tube, manifold tube, and orifices
- Sweep the heat exchanger area to clear soot and debris
- Replace sand, lava rocks, or embers if needed; replace batteries if indicated
- Conduct a complete evaluation of the valve including spring resistance & flame modulation
- Clean-out of primary air exchange to ensure efficient and clean burning
- Removal of any obstructions in the termination; installation of C-clamp if needed
- Detailed leak testing of the fittings with our professional micro-leak detection system
- Includes an NFPA Level I inspection on chimney or vent; option to upgrade to an NFPA Level II inspection