As the weather warms up people begin to think spring cleaning, but one place that is often overlooked is the fireplace and chimney. How fresh can your home really be if your fireplace and chimney haven’t been cleaned since last fall or summer?
Springtime is one of the best times to get your chimney cleaned for several reasons:
- It can eliminate sour smells that often get worse and the weather warms up. A thoroughly cleaned flue and fireplace make for a cleaner, fresher-smelling home.
- It can reduce the possibility of corrosion caused creosote build up.
- When emissions like creosote are left on the flue liner and moisture gets in, serious damage can occur which can require costly repairs.
- It is also possible that your chimney may need repair after the winter months of use. Spring is a great time of year to check for possible problems and make the necessary repairs before the next winter season.
- The wonderful feeling that comes with spring cleaning is even better when your chimney is soot-free.